-

Comments on Greek painting, art, contemporary thought

Our blog is an artistic, cultural guide to the Greek landscapes. At the same time it offers an introduction to the history of Greek fine arts, Greek artists, mainly Greek painters, as well as to the recent artistic movements

Our aim is to present the Greek landscapes in a holistic way: Greek landscapes refer to pictures and images of Greece, to paintings and art, to poetry and literature, to ancient philosophy and history, to contemporary thought and culture...
--
--
greek artists, contemporary thought, greek painters, literature, greek paintings, modern greek artists



Wednesday, August 20, 2008

...as I was young and easy at the mercy of his means *


Yannis Stavrou, Red Ships, oil on canvas

Nothing I cared, in the lamb white days, that time would take me

Up to the swallow thronged loft by the shadow of my hand,

In the moon that is always rising,

Nor that riding to sleep

I should hear him fly with the high fields

And wake to to the farm forever fled from the childless land,

Oh as I was young and easy at the mercy of his means,

Time let me green and dying

Though I sang in my chains like the sea

______________________________

* Dylan Thomas, from "Fern Hill"

No comments: